(Touring Role, Fixed-Term Contract)
Snowline Media produces the largest and most successful adventure/outdoors film tours across the UK and Ireland. Our film tours visit some of the country’s most prestigious theatres, and the shows offer a unique atmosphere where like-minded audience members feel part of something extraordinary, and leave feeling inspired to push boundaries.
We’re looking for a talented AV technician who would like to join our touring team and perform a crucial role in in the delivery of our live events - Banff Mountain Film Festival and Ocean Film Festival World Tour - across the UK this autumn. The successful candidate will be professional, able to work calm under pressure, a friendly team player and possess a can-do attitude.
There will be a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities associated with the role. This is a touring role and the successful candidate will be required to work in various venues across the UK. While the technical delivery of the screening events is the key purpose of this role, additional duties will need to be performed to ensure the overall successful delivery of each event.
The successful candidate will tour with a second team member responsible for emceeing the event (non AV trained). The emcee presenter will work with the AV technician prior to each event to assist with setting up the screen and projector for the event, as well as “dressing” the stage. Conversely the AV technician will be required to support the emcee in their role at each event including some front of house duties.
The position would be for approximately 3 months and be a fixed term contract with weekend working and travel across the UK required (transport van supplied). There is potential for the contract to be extended further.
Salary – The monthly pay rate would be the equivalent of a £32k to £35k annual salary (depending on experience).
Expected start date: 25 August 2021
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Technical Role at Screenings and Events
• Set up Snowline Media audio visual equipment at touring venues (projectors/screens/mixer, laptops etc). This will include identifying the most appropriate set up arrangement at venues including theatres, music halls and cinemas.
• Test AV set up prior to a screening event (including sound) and troubleshoot any technical issues prior to event.
• Manage the technical production of screening events (film playback and emcee presentations) in cooperation with venue technicians, ensuring seamless integration with venue supplied staging, sound and lighting.
• Run the playback of the films and other screen presentations throughout the shows.
• Test and edit playback files, powerpoint files and other materials for events as required.
• Prior to events, liaise with venue technicians (and issue riders) to specify set up requirements.
• Record accurate details of technical set up at each venue, noting any venue specific set up requirements or troubleshooting solutions.
• Assist emcee touring colleague with transporting screening equipment in Tour van (full driving license and willingness to share driving of van with other staff member essential).
• Assist emcee touring colleague with loading in/out of equipment needed for each event at company base at the start and end of the touring week and at each show venue.
• Assist emcee touring colleague with setting up front of house display and management of volunteers at screening venues.
• Assist emcee touring colleague with liaising with venue front of house management to ensure smooth running of events.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
• Experience in a similar role and some knowledge, and preferably experience, of video projector use.
• The Candidate must possess a full UK driver’s license and be willing and able to drive a manual transit van to shows.
• We visit a wide range of venues across the UK so the successful candidate will be able to adapt quickly to the set-up requirements of each venue and be capable of calmly trouble-shooting technical issues sometimes under pressure.
• The candidate must have a flexible team working approach to the role and be willing to work with the emcee to ensure the overall smooth running of each event.
• The candidate must be available for touring from 25 August to 25 November 2021.
• A love of the outdoors and interest in adventure films would be beneficial but not essential.
• Some knowledge of working with sound desks.
• A large element of producing our film tours requires video editing, graphic design and filmmaking. Whilst not essential to the advertised role, experience in this area and in the following programmes could create further opportunities for a candidate for an ongoing role within the team - Premiere Pro, PhotoShop, After Effects, Illustrator.
Travel across the UK will be required in a company supplied vehicle and the successful candidate will be required to be away overnight for blocks of up to 5 days.
As the team occasionally return to company base after a show late in the evening, it would be preferable for the candidate to have their own transportation. All transportation to shows will be undertaken in company supplied van. No additional transport expenses will be required (unless by prior arrangement).
The successful candidate would ideally live in Oxfordshire/ Northamptonshire/ Buckinghamshire area as this is where the company is located (near Banbury) and the starting point for each touring week.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for the application is 5pm Tuesday 6 July 2021.
For more information on what we do at Snowline Media check out or . If you would like to request further information or have any questions regarding the role please contact Nell Teasdale using